Rslogix 500 V6.0 (standard/pro) Or V7.0 (standard/pro) On Window Xp Home

Peacemaker

Hi There I Am Going To Buy A Used Rslogix 500 V 6.0 (standard/rpo) Or V7.0 (standard/pro) Over Ebay. Are These Softwares Working On Windows Xp Home Edition Running On Laptop? I Consider Buying A New Laptop With Windows Xp Home, Anyway. Another Question Is; Can I Register Used Rslogix 500 Copy To Allen Bradley For Future Upgrade?

Thanks In Advance.

Have to be careful with purchasing from ebay, make sure the license is with it AND is transferable. If it has a transferable license then you can obtain a support contract through Rockwell, there is a fee for this.

As stated above be careful about that stuff on ebay.

As for XPHome I don't think Rockwell officially supports XPHome. They will tell you XP Pro or Win2K.

I think I have heard of people using it with XP Home and it works though.

Maybe someone else on here can verify this?

RSL

Works OK on XP Home...

From the release notes...

Important All Users: Effective with release V5.50, RSLogix 500 no longer supports operation on workstations running Microsoft Windows 95™ operating system. RSLogix 500 is supported on workstations running Microsoft Windows 98™, Windows ME™, Windows NT 4.0™ SP6a and greater, Windows 2000™, Windows 2003™ Server SP1 or Windows XP™ operating system.

It is from the version 7 that i got this..

As far as i can tell the only thing that dosnt work on xp home is rsview ME...

I also know that RS 5000 didnt work on win 95..

RSL and rsdoran, thank you guys for your tips. AS a beginner user of PLC what else should I be careful about in buying RSLOGIX 500 through Ebay in addition to transferable licence ? Your specific details would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

The big all important issue is that you get the license, also known as the activation. Without the license (transferable or not) you cannot even open the software.

Make certain you are not just buying the software discs.

OG

I must admit i havent had any bad luck with buying or selling on ebay..Mind you i dont do a whole lot of it..I look at the feedback but sometimes if the guy has no feedback take my chances..it depends on the $ value..