Slc 500 Information

bjk662

Can anyone suggest some good books on the basics of PLC's. I just started a new job and along with it is an industrial setup with 11 SLC500 PLC's. They are all linked on a network. I also use RSVIEW for HMI on three computers. Also, there are 5 panelview HMI's. Years ago I had basic PLC training, but never had experience. I have all the technical books, but I need a better basic understanding.

THANKS,
[email protected]

This would be a good time to get to know your local AB distributor. Your company probably buys a fair amount of stuff from them every year. Ask the distributor's PLC person to come in and give you an overview of the things you need to know. See if the distributor offers local training.

Distributor training can range from little more than a sales pitch to something better than factory training, so ask around before spending any money money on it.