Little problem with ET200s and OP77B

svoicum

hey there.
i have an ET200S connected to my pc using an MPI and to it it's connected an OP77B, using profibus.
my question is: how do i connect to my panel to transfer data from wincc flexible?
thanks in advance

Hi svoicum.

You can download to the OP77B via MPI or Profibus.

You probably have to setup the port on the OP77B to the correct Profibus settings. Upon powerup, I believe that you can choose to go to a special menu for changing settings.

If your programming device is a serial or USB PC adapter, then it needs 24V from the port on the PLC.
So you need a Profibus connector with a PG socket on the port on the PLC. You connect a normal (purple) profibus cable from the connector on the PLC to the OP77B. And you insert the PC adapter on the PG socket on the connector on the PLC.
You can then program both PLC and OP77B.

Edit:
I realise that you must have an IM151-7 CPU + a Profibus Master interface module attached.
Is there any particular reason to that the OP77B is attached via Profibus ? You could have connected it via MPI. Do you use the Profibus interface for other things, maybe i/o ?
Anyway, you can freely choose to connect via MPI or Profibus.
You can connect both PC adapter and OP77B via MPI, or connect both PC adapter and OP77B via Profibus.

Last edited:
The reason I connected the OP77B via profibus is that i have an USB addapter and when i connect it to the OP it doesn't turn on, so i can't connect it to my pc.
the only way to turn the addapter on is to plug it in my plc and connect the OP via the profibus module attached to my IM151-7 CPU.
Any suggestion on how to configure the network?

Hello again svoicum.

Is the need for programming the OP77B your only reason for connecting the OP77B to the Profibus port ?

You dont need to add an expensive Profibus Master module.
Read what I have posted before:
So you need a Profibus connector with a PG socket on the port on the PLC. You connect a normal (purple) profibus cable from the connector on the PLC to the OP77B. And you insert the PC adapter on the PG socket on the connector on the PLC.
You can then program both PLC and OP77B.
In other words, you must exchange the grey serial cable with the following:
A connector with a PG socket for the PLC 6ES7972-0BB41-0XA0.
And a connector without a PG socket on the OP, 6GK1901-1FC00-0AA0 or 6ES7972-0BA41-0XA0. Then connect with a normal Profibus cable (purple) between the two connectors. Insert the PC adapter in the PG socket on the connector that fits on the PLC.