Texas System 505

Johan H

Hello.
I'am up to converting an old Texas PLC program to a new PLC system. I'have the program for the Texas but I don't now which software I need to read the files.
Does anyone know which program I need, and if possible send a copy to me?

Thanks in advance
Johan

Hi Johan,

A little more information would be helpful.

You say you have a program for a Texas Insturments 505 series PLC. What media is the program on? What PLC do you plan on converting the program to?

Generally, The TI505 (and TI500) use DOS based TISoft or SoftShop, neither of which is free.

If you post the program someone (even me) could send you a print out file of your program for conversion purposes but you would still need to know what the functions are in the TI program.

Good luck.

Hi
Sorry for the short description. I'am converting it to a Siemens S7 315 2DP. The program for the 505 is on my hard disk.
I have tried to use the "TI505-S7 Converting TI files" program which is included in the S7 program pack with no succes.
There are 24 files in the folder i got but i think its only five that is used for the 505. The file endings for this files are ".DWN", ".001", ".CPD", ".ID" and ".PRG".
Regards
Johan

You can downlaod a "demo" version of (i think it is called workshop) from the web. This will not allow you save your work but it might get you part of the way.
Company is "fastrak softworks" uou should be able to find them easy enough

Last edited: