Automation Direct JMP

Clay B.

Lifetime Supporting Member
I believe I am over thinking this problem. What I have is a program where I want to use a selector switch to Jump to one section of program and ignore the rest.

Here is the process I am working on and what I am trying to do.

I use 2 sensors to fire a solenoid when trigger sensor is high and the laser level is low. When the trigger is high and the laser level is high I fire another solenoid.

Whenever I change colors of material my laser stays high for a different amount of time.

So basically I want to jump to a different set of rungs using different time presets whenever the selector switch is turned on.

What I need to know is how to set up the Jump. I know on AB I would just use different files and Jump to each as I need them. On AD I am clueless.

AutomationDirect has subroutines as well, similar to the A-B JSR. The "call" is a GTS function, the subroutine must follow the (END), is denoted by SBR and a K numerical designation, and the subroutine must end with a return, (RT) The manual has pretty good examples.

For what you described you are trying to do, I would suggest you look at replacing the timer constant with a V-register, and simply use your condition to load different values into the registers.

Thanks

Thanks guys. I am going to use Tom's suggestion this time but I like what I read so far on the stage programming. I am going to have to experiment with that.

FYI... I was over thinking it trying to use jumps. (With AB it makes it real easy for others to follow) For the Ad loading varables makes a much cleaner program in this setup.