Powerflex 70 and devicenet problem

pauly

I have a job consisting of three pflex 70 EC drives and 7 intelligent motor sterters. When I do an online browse with RSnetworx for devicenet every item is picked up apart from 2 of the powerflex drives. The only difference I can see between the 2 drives and the one drive that is recognised is the firmware revision (2.003 in the good drive 3.002 in the bad ones). I've been online to try and get the EDS file for a 3.2 but can only find the EDS for a 3.1. I've tried registering this file and browsing again, the drive is recognised but when I click on the icon it shows a red - sign to say the device isn't present on the network. I've tried uploading from the device but it goes through the motions right to the end, when the "next" button is pressed it says there are errors in the upload and suggests either try again or cancel.Has any body seen anything like this before? Any suggestions? I've a customer coming very soon to see a working sytem and I'm getting very desperate.
Thanks
Pauly

I have seen some problems related to RSLinx and EDS registries that manifest themselves like this. Of course, a noisy or underterminated network also can give you "flaky" identity browsing performance.

If you're using a ControlLogix backplane to browse out from a 1756-DNB, try using another driver (like AB_ETH instead of ETHIP) to get through the backplane, or try a direct PC interface like the 1770-KFD.

Be very specific when you describe browsing behavior. An icon with a red "X" through it is a very different situation than a question-mark icon.

Running networx 6.00.00 not sure of the version of Linx. A red "-" or "minus" sign is what comes up on the icon. I am browsing with ethernet i/p.

I think you *might* have an RSLinx problem. The first browse is "seeing" the drive and correctly identifying it, but the attempt to connect to the drive to run the parameter editor fails.

Try shutting down everything (including the RSLinx Classic service) and deleting the harmony.rsh and harmony.hrc files.

Also, because you get an initial browse, you can then go offline and perform your scanlist addition and mapping, then download that scanlist into the 1756-DNB. You won't need to go online with the drives; you can use DriveExecutive or the HIM keypad module.