teach an old dog

ajcforest

I've been away from PLCs since before AB RS Logix, about ten years.

I started getting involved with AB again, and most of my basic skills are still there, but one problem I have with the AB RS Logix is communicating from a laptop to the processor. It appears that not only do I need to know what cable to use, I have to know what driver to use and go back to RS Linx, select a driver then go back to RS Lgix. Can anybody recommend a fairly painless way to get back in the game and increase my hands on skills for the RS Logix and RS Linx?

Hi,

I think you have to give more details in order to get specific answers, (there are couple of ways)

Questions:-
1. What range of PLC, model etc.
2. Mode(medium) of communication,-> Serial, ethernet, DH+ etc

Regards
_______

ajcforest said:
I've been away from PLCs since before AB RS Logix, about ten years.

I started getting involved with AB again, and most of my basic skills are still there, but one problem I have with the AB RS Logix is communicating from a laptop to the processor. It appears that not only do I need to know what cable to use, I have to know what driver to use and go back to RS Linx, select a driver then go back to RS Lgix. Can anybody recommend a fairly painless way to get back in the game and increase my hands on skills for the RS Logix and RS Linx?

You might as well get familiar with it. Its the common element all of the RSLogix applications, Panelbuilder, RSNEtworx, etc. Panelview Plus uses RSLinx Enterprise which is another variation or step up.