Problem with ET200S

svoicum

Hello again.
i'm facing another problem with my ET200S.
it's connected to my pc via an MPI addapter on USB.
it's address is 3 and i want to change it to 2.
do you have any idea how i can do that?
thanks in advance.

That would depend on what 'model' of ET200S you have got, if it is an IM151 standard then the node address is set using the dip switches. An IM151-7 node address is set via the hardware setup in Simatic Manager.

Give us a bit more information on your exact setup and we can give specific answers.

Paul

my cpu is IM151-7 CPU, 6ES7 151-7AA13-0AB0. i've tried setting the address in hardware configurator, but when i try to download it to my plc it asks me for the address, that is 3. it downloads the config, but the address still remains 3, although i've set it to 2.
help?

svoicum said:
my cpu is IM151-7 CPU, 6ES7 151-7AA13-0AB0. i've tried setting the address in hardware configurator, but when i try to download it to my plc it asks me for the address, that is 3. it downloads the config, but the address still remains 3, although i've set it to 2.
help?

Hmm, strange..

I have an IM151-7 to play with, so I changed it's Profibus node number from 3 to 5 to see if I have a similar problem to you. I opened Netpro and made the required changed, saved and compiled the changes, then still in Netpro, highlighted the IM151-7 and click the download button. When I was asked for the address of the IM151-7, I clicked the 'view' button and selected 3 from the list (I have other nodes on this network). The configuration downloaded all OK. I checked that the address had changed to 5 using 'accessible nodes'. Everything was fine, i can't understand the problem you are having and I couldn't replicate it at all

Paul

i'm conneced to my plc via MPI not PROFIBUS. how are you connected? and if it's connected via profibus how it's your cable designed?

Last edited:
svoicum said:
i'm conneced to my plc via MPI not PROFIBUS. how are you connected?

MPI or Profibus should not make a difference (apart from setting the PC/PG interface), the procedure for changing the node address is basically the same.

svoicum said:
if it's connected via profibus how it's your cable designed?

I am connected via Profibus, my cable I use for MPI and Profibus ia exactly the same, pins 2 and 8 connected.

Paul

@RMA, of course i compiled it.
i think it is some problem with my mmc. i dunno. i'm at the edge of my wits with this software.

svoicum said:
Hello again.
i'm facing another problem with my ET200S.
it's connected to my pc via an MPI addapter on USB.
it's address is 3 and i want to change it to 2.
do you have any idea how i can do that?
thanks in advance.

Usually adress 2 is reserved for the PLC both in MPI and ProfibusDP network. Check in the NetPro what is the adress of the PLC in the network that you use to connect PLC and ET200. If it is 2 than it is normal that you can not give adress number 2 to ET200.
🤾

Krcedinac said:
Usually adress 2 is reserved for the PLC both in MPI and ProfibusDP network.

What you write is quite correct and is what I initially thought could be the problem until svoicum wrote this....

svoicum said:
my cpu is IM151-7 CPU

Once he wrote that I assumed that the IM151-7 was the 'master' PLC on the network, in addition to that, in Netpro, you cannot select an address that is already in use.

Paul

You are right, thanks for correcting me. Any way I think that people should explain better their problems (in this case Hardware configuration).o_O

sorry for the delay
i solved my problem and now it works.
the main problem was.... the cable... it didn't make contact somewhere.
but now it does and it works...

thanks for all your solutions