1761 PM02 Series B doesn't fit ML1200

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi people, I am back working again!

I just finished looking at a 1761-PM02 series B cable that will not fit in the connector on a Micrologix 1200 (unknown series controller). I am sure I can trim the cable or the housing on the PLC to make it fit. I read in my search of other posts that a series B cable is supposed to work without modification.

Has anyone else had this issue with a series B cable?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Okie,

I remember having to shave the connector on the Micro side of a PM02 cable once but I can't remeber the exact application. My diagonal cutters took off enough meat for the cable to work. I was tight though...

Marc

The 1761-CBL-PM02 Series A was the original cable, about twelve years ago. Series B was a change in the handshaking wiring, and Series C has the squared-off strain relief to fit the MicroLogix 1200.

There's a handy technote about these cables: G17868

Most of my MicroLogix cables have had surgery to fit the 1200. I carry a sharp Onion-mechanism Kershaw these days that
does the job perfectly.

There's a good OT topic: "How many tools are on your belt and in your pockets right now ?"

Ot

Ken Roach said:
There's a good OT topic: "How many tools are on your belt and in your pockets right now ?"

Leatherman, swiss arm knife, maglight, stylus/pen. Another pocket knife with a blade I shaped for skinning sensor cables. Sharpe for taking notes on Control Cabinet doors.

First, Hi Paul good to see your back...

Second {hijack}

Ken Roach said:

Schrade 'tough tool', Mag (flash light), Cabinet key (4 way), General 9/64x4 (screw driver), Sharpie....and for the last, cell phone for the oh $hit problems

geniusintraining said:
First, Hi Paul good to see your back...

Second {hijack}

Schrade 'tough tool', Mag (flash light), Cabinet key (4 way), General 9/64x4 (screw driver), Sharpie....and for the last, cell phone for the oh $hit problems

Cabinet key is on keyring on desk. It was one of the few things I did stop wearing when I got my promotion. Can not give up my leatherman though. Thats like asking a 2 year old to give up his security blanket.

Heh... Leatherman in a sheath(sheath is on a carabiner, and carabiner also has a cabinet key on it). RIPOFF pouch with a pen, sharpie, pocket knife, mini-mag light, three small screwdrivers and a connector for an air line.... And a small notepad.