configuring STEP7 (IM151-7 200s) for MPI...WHERE???

oregonsam

I can't find a option to make my 151-7 configuration connect to the MPI network in Netpro. It shows a Profibus DP at 3, but I can't connect the CPU to the MPI network.

HELP?

Hi oregonsam.

You set the IM151-7 to MPI in the HW Config program, not in NetPro.

In HW Config, click on the X1 index, the Properties of the port opens up, then change Interface Type from Profibus to MPI.

I only see an X2, not an X1. And when I click it, it doesn't have a selection for MPI. Do I have to type it in manually?

Check type of your IM151-7 and select right one in your HW Configuration. Older models are only able to work as profibus slaves. In HW config they have ony X2 interface. New models can work with Profibus/MPI and they have X1 an X2.

Oregonsam

Does your hardware configuration look like this:-

et200s.jpg

In my hardware configuration (above), X2 is shown but is unselectable, only X1 can be selected and configured.

Can you zip up tour project and post it here, so that we can load it up and hopefully discover your problem

Paul

I found part of the problem. I was using an earlier version of the CPU in the HW configure...which didn't accept MPI. Now, I just have to figure out how to load the program to the PLC.