Siemens AFE drive Tripping.

Wild guess - does "AFE" refer to Active Front End? I've heard that term used in connection with some drives but never used them myself.

Might this post be better on a drives forum than a PLC forum? (and sorry, no, I don't know of one).

Ken

Ken M said:
Wild guess - does "AFE" refer to Active Front End?

Excellent wild guess Ken!

We have 4 AFE's in service here, but, guess what, I can find my manuals for them!

I believe that F039 means that the AFE has detected an earth fault on the DC bus, I would check the DC bus for an earth fault.

If you can find no problems with the DC bus it might be the case that the IGBT's are on their way out, how old is this AFE?

Paul

Check your incoming power for balance with respect to ground. Ground and Ground Fault detection can be troublesome when your power is floating or the three phase supply is running with one leg grounded.