Replace S5 digital module

Pandiani

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
how can I replace S5 digital module (S5-115F). I'm afraid to break something and don't know exact procedure. It's not same as replacing S7 modules

Hmmm... never used the "F" version but guess this is only the fault tollerant version of standard 115, undo screw at bottom of module (it will pop out when clear of thread in backplane), then lift up in an arc from bottom it then hooks off the top just one thing make sure power is off.

Hmm, in instructions for installing module I have found that after module is placed on backplane (first attach top part of module, then fit bottom in arc), two screws must be tighten (on top and bottom). My problem is I cannot find bottom screw and I suspect I need to remove "connector" (I don't need if it is right word) with wiring first in order to undo screw.

Pandiani said:
Hmm, in instructions for installing module I have found that after module is placed on backplane (first attach top part of module, then fit bottom in arc), two screws must be tighten (on top and bottom). My problem is I cannot find bottom screw and I suspect I need to remove "connector" (I don't need if it is right word) with wiring first in order to undo screw.

Had to look at card. Bottom Screw is the same distance from the bottom of the card as the top screw is from the top of the card. Look for a small hole around5 mm in diameter The screw is in there. Right at the bottom of your Terminal strip. Wires are probably in the way.