Siemens S7 and ABB ACS800

Stiffler

Hi all, I could really use some help..

I'am new to programming S7 and I wonder if there is anybody out there who could help me with a sample project for controlling ACS800 frequency converters via Profibus. I have Installed the apropriate gsd file. (ABB10812.gsd for DPV1, PPO type 4)

I want to Start Stop the converter, change setpoint, get torque feedback and so on...

Thanx

I believe there is an example project for a MasterDrive converter controlled over Profibus which would do as a start (do a search on this site). The Step7 project will not tell you how to program the ABB drive to react to the telegram contents though - the ABB manual for the Profibus card will help you do this.

Look in the downloads section under siemens, the file is Ppo_4_bl.zip

Last edited:
Thanx alot Simon, I have downloaded the file and it seems like it was a little bit easier than I thougt... I can understand better how the communication between the ACS and S7 functions now.:)

I have downloaded example project.
When I open project there are blocks:
-Cyclic OB
-Drive_PPO4_All_Words
-Drive DB
-DPRD_DAT
-DPWR_DAT
but in Symbol editor of the project there are few more defined blocks:
-UDT_DRIVE_STATUS_WORD
-UDT_DRIVE_CONTROL_WORD
-BLKMOV
-Micromaster_Drv_Block
-SMVRT_MD
-PPO4_DRIVE_BLOCK

Is project corrupted, badly downloaded or simply those block are defined and not coded.

Thanx

Lesa said:
I have downloaded example project.
When I open project there are blocks:
-Cyclic OB
-Drive_PPO4_All_Words
-Drive DB
-DPRD_DAT
-DPWR_DAT
but in Symbol editor of the project there are few more defined blocks:
-UDT_DRIVE_STATUS_WORD
-UDT_DRIVE_CONTROL_WORD
-BLKMOV
-Micromaster_Drv_Block
-SMVRT_MD
-PPO4_DRIVE_BLOCK

Is project corrupted, badly downloaded or simply those block are defined and not coded.

Thanx

You can get rid of these symbols

-UDT_DRIVE_STATUS_WORD
-UDT_DRIVE_CONTROL_WORD
-BLKMOV
-Micromaster_Drv_Block
-SMVRT_MD
-PPO4_DRIVE_BLOCK

Just drop the FB into your project and it will work fine- I have an ACS550/800 FB with the correct names for the block I/O if you have trouble modify this block

Jay

Last edited:
Hi Simon, i'm searching for the Ppo_4_bl.zip file. I can't find it in the Siemens download section. Can you help me to find it ? Thanks.

DZL