Networking SLC 5/05's

Hello, I am an EE student currently working on my senior design project that involves using 2 plcs networked to add more I/O. Right now we are stuck because we have no where to begin trying to set this up. Does anyone know? Or can anyone point us in the right direction? We have a crossover cable connected to the two plc's and we can't seem to get any kind of communication between the two. How do we set up IP addresses.. AHH help!

Thanks!

see if this helps ...

ip_help.JPG

And after you program the IP Addresses you might consider routing them through an Eternet Switch. You can then get rid of the crossover cable and ethernet your computer in with them. This will make it easy to get to either processor without having to connect to them individually.

Similar Topics

I have a SLC 5/05 that I am wanting to access some data in a ControlLogix PLC elsewhere on the network at our plant. I thought I knew how to do...
Replies
Views
Howdy. So I am trying to create a small network of just 2 SLC 5/03's and my programming laptop. The SLCs are connected via RS232 to some...
Replies
Views
I am looking into networking some Allen Bradley SLC 504 processors using DH485 (Blue Hoose)cable. At each end of the connection I will have two...
Replies
Views
I have a slc5/05 and a main computer station that commuicates with ethernet. In another room, I have 3 slc5/01 that are independent of each other...
Replies
Views
everyone i have a new slc 5/05 processor to configure . i have the choice of using bootp or calling my network admin to get settings for a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom