Odd problem with GE versamax

nswu1

Check this out , got a call to check out a versamax with cpu001. Here was the initial symptom, powersupply had 24vdc as it should but no lights on cpu. I also noticed the port1, and port2 cables were unplugged. I plugged them in the cpu powered up. I was then able to communicate and dump in program and clear faults. As I continued on I unplugged the power plug on a Siemens mp370 and all cpu lights went off, never lost power to power supply. They had a spare cpu and power supply. I changed them and dumped in program, all now works. The power supply is toast, first time I ever seen cpu power up from external device on comm ports.

Similar Topics

I did not create the program but I have a weird countdown timer problem. it is user input, say it is set for 5 minutes; it will countdown to...
Replies
Views
OK so here is the setup; RedLion G3 HMI Panel is communicating over an RS232 port using Modbus RTU protocol to an AB Micrologix 1400 PLC. The...
Replies
Views
I have run into a problem with a SLC500 and I would appreciate any help that might give me some insight into why this problem occurred. Also, bear...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Fridays a bad day to start anything but here goes. I have an odd problem with a profinet network. All the devices are configured and...
Replies
Views
This one has been proven to be a real stumper, any help would be appreciated. CPU 316-2 DP When adding a Wincc Flex connection to the existing...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom