PanelView Function Key to reset Counter

vmatz

I have a Standard Panelview and Micrologix1200.
Here is my problem, I would like to reset a counter (C5:5/DN) everytime I press F2 on the Panelview. If I set the F@ key object to Bit and monetary I get two states 0 and 1.
That means I may have to press the key twice to get the bit to turn on. I have reset logic in my plc program. It is propbaly something simple, it usually is.

Thanks in advance.

state 0 is for button not being pressed. state 1 is for button being pressed. when button is pressed use bit b3;0/whatever to reset counter.
b3;0/whatever would make reset instruction for counter true.

vmatz said:
That means I may have to press the key twice to get the bit to turn on. I have reset logic in my plc program. It is propbaly something simple, it usually is.

Thanks in advance.

During the normal condition the when the momentry push button(normally open type) is not pressed the Bit valve will be Zero Pv will not write any value to plc. when the PB is pressed high value will be updated in the Bit to PV button hold time perion, Once the Pb is released then the low value will be updated

Change the button from a maintained or latched to a momentary. Also make sure that the F2 key is assigned to that button and that the zero state is when the button is not pressed (one when pressed). Then, in your logic, use the bit address that you defined for that button to reset the counter. If the button is assigned to b3/0 then:

-| |-------(res)-
b3/0 c5:5