Access to a E1070 HMI

Andy Willis

I am trying to use the remote access viewer to access an e-terminal (1070) over a telephone line. I need to know how to set up the e-terminal and the modem.

Hi,

I don't know if Mitsubishi has made a startup document for modems and E1000-terminals (I could not find any documents on their website) but Beijer has a startup document for EXTER-series, all settings are the exact same. You can download the document from the following website:
http://hmi.beijerelectronics.com/web/web_electronics.nsf/AllDocuments/1FF5460A79B24E6EC1256EBD0045402D

Use the following search string "PPP exter". The document contains step-for-step instructions on how to setup the PPP-connection on your PC and terminal.

Let me know if you need further assistance!

//Supporter

Thanks for the help.

The document that you suggested works and i now have the remote vier working over the telephone line. The one thing i know need to do is when i make the initial connection with the modem i want it to phone me back does anyone know how to set up a westermo t35 to do this

Hi,

I think that you need to clarify what you want to do? Do you want the terminal to dial-in to your PC? Do you want the terminal to connect to an ISP for sending e-mails? If you give us some more specific details I think that we will be able to help you!

//Supporter

Dial back

I have an E1070 located at a remote outstation, I am looking to dial into this E1070 from my office, but then use the capabilities of the TD-35 Westermo modem to dial me back. I have been able to get a connection when just dialing in but when i change the TD-35 config to dial me back then modem does not connect at all.

Hope you can help

Hi Andy,

It's a bit more complicated to let the terminal dial out to your PC. Your PC needs to act as a PPP-server, the terminal will connect to this server, and therefore it will be a client. In your PPP-configuration (in E-Designer) you'll have to use "Both" or "PPP-client". You will also need to add a connect signal, when this signal is SET the terminal will try to dial out to your PC (or other ISP). The Logon username and password are also needed to be setup properly (when you setup your advanced connection on your PC you will have the possibility to create user accounts that are permitted to connect to the PC, username and password from one of these accounts needs to be inserted in the PPP-settings).

The settings on the terminal side are pretty easy, the complicated thing is that you'll need to setup a new network connection on your computer (Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Add new connection -> Advanced Connection -> Accept Incoming connections. You will have to setup this advanced connection so that your PC assigns the terminal an IP-address when the terminal attempts to connect to it. Make sure that the modem that's connected to the PC has auto-answer disabled (ATS0=0) otherwise it will be impossible to connect to the PC.

It's been a while since I tested to connect to a PC this way so sorry for the lack of details.

Also, I still don't understand why you want the terminal to dial in to your PC. Normally you dial in to the terminal when you want to e.g:
- Get Remote Access of terminal/PLC
- Connect to WWW-server
- Connect to FTP-server and download trends/alarms/recipe files.
- Download new application to terminal/PLC

Normally you only use the dial out connection when you want the terminal to connect to an ISP and send e-mails (if e.g alarm has occured or to send an e-mail report.

Let me know if you need more help!

//Supporter