"Human-Think"???

Terry Woods

Ron raised a point a while ago...

For years I have been saying "Be the Computer". Lately I've been saying this thing about "Human-Think".

Ron was wondering what I'm really trying to promote.

My answer to that is... BOTH!

I promote "Be the Computer" in terms of SEEING what the computer sees!

Then, I promote "Human-Think" in terms of how YOU, as the programmer, are going to control the Computer, and thus the Process, as a result of what you see while you "Be the Computer"!

Artificial Intelligence???

No... not yet. However, at the very least, I am clearly suggesting that carefully considered code, developed through "Be the Computer", and then subsequently coding according to "Human Think", will produce code that is, in terms of the process... MUCH smarter than the dumbest guy on the line!

In terms of the Process, if not MUCH smarter than the dumbest (which I doubt), then, at the very least, certainly, certainly MUCH FASTER than the FASTEST guy on the line!

Think about it. In case you didn't know... this is where it is going!

Human-Think is what it is all about!

I'm not talkinging about a particular human thinking and handling situations on the run. Rather, I'm talking about the carefully considered Human thought process and the resulting code which is predisposed to handle the situations as they occur!

We humans are certainly slower in developing responses on-the-fly. However, we humans (programmers) can certainly develop responses, through research and programming, that will then be executed by a PLC, which will be much faster and more specifically designed to handle the particular case than we can handle manually.

Done...