resetting a totalizer every month on 1st

vram

HI
HOW TO REST A TOTALIZER EVERY MONTH ON 1ST AT 6 AM. AUTOMATICALLY.
PL GIVE LADDER LOGIC FOR CONTROL LOGIX - rs5000 IFPOSSIBLE
ADVANCED THANKS EVERY BODY

i u are using s7 try to use the time of day interrupt (ob10)

i have never tried it but i think it should work (see also sfc 28)

i haven't delt with RSL 5000 but in RSL 500, if you click on processor status in the sidebar (to the left of your program window), this information will be in the Main tab with the addresses where it is kept. just have your program watch these addresses and when they hit the values you are looking for, branch your program to the reset routine.

on an SLC-500 i would look for this :

if S:38 = 01 (day of month)
if S:40 = 06 (hour)
if S:41 = 00 (min)
if S:42 = 00 (sec)

i wouldn't really look at the seconds, but would instead set a bit once the totalizer is reset so that it isn't getting reset every scan.

its a pretty generic explanation, but it should point you in the right direction.

good luck

In the ControlLogix PLC you will need to use the GSV instruction to get the date and time. Then use a simple comparrison on the day and time.

One way to do it is to place the following program in a task which executes once a second.

Controller scoped tag: Date_Time DINT[7] *Dint array where date and time is to be stored

Controller scoped tag: One_Shots Bool[64] *array for one shot status bits

Controller scoped tag: Reset_Total Bool *boolean used elsewhere to reset totalizer

GSV WALLCLOCKTIME ? DateTime Date_Time[0]
EQU Date_Time[2] 1 EQU Date_Time[3] 6 ONS OneShots[63] OTE ResetTotal

Last edited:
Alaric said:
In the ControlLogix PLC you will need to use the GSV instruction to get the date and time. Then use a simple comparrison on the day and time.
---
GSV WALLCLOCKTIME ? DateTime Date_Time[0]
EQU Date_Time[2] 1 EQU Date_Time[3] 6 ONS OneShots[63] OTE ResetTotal

is the date and time not kept in S: files in control logix plc's or is that just the awsome programers way of doing it ? =]

i got a glimps of control logix programming this week and the tag based programming really threw me off. its different from everything i've seen in plc programming so far.

There is no S file in the CLX. The GSV instruction is used to place system values in tags that you create and name according to your needs.

The S file is a copy of certain system information which is available to the PLC program. It is not necessarily the source of the system information. Take for example the real time clock. Words S:37 - S:42 are NOT the real time clock. The real time clock is a bit of hardware on the PLC processor card. The PLC operating system copies values from the real time clock and places them in the S file. This takes time and is part of the system overhead – whether the information is used or not.

In the CLX the amount of system information which can be made available to the PLC program is considerably larger than in the SLCs or PLC5s. By using the GSV instruction you get only what you need and you can place it in whatever tag you want and scope it however you want.

thanks everybody

I am off my work for few days. I will check the GSV instruction and get back to all. thanks everybody for the help