Problem Opening HMI file with Protool

odonnea2

I have Protool V6.0 SP2 and am having problems opening the .pdb file. The first error message is as follows
"Your project was created ith ProTool V1.x. In Protool V2.0 and later, projects are stored in a single file. The directory having the project name is no longer required"
When i acknowledge this the following popup box appears
"The required Device type "" is not supported by the ProTool version installed. Check the entries in the C:\Siemens\protool\protool.ini file"
I have an OP7 unit - this is referenced in the .ini file and the associated .dll file is also present.
Any ideas on how to open my file up as i need to make some changes to it?
Thanks in advance.

Very strange that you cannot open it.

I have had odd problems trying to open old projects with newer versions of Protool, but not the one you mention.
If you post the zipped project here, I can try to open it with an older version of Protool, and even with WinCC Flexible, and in that way figure out what goes wrong.

Thanks Jesper, The file is too big to attach when zipped. I could email it, if thats ok with you. Which file excatly do you need - only the .pdb file? - this file is not integrated in Step 7.
Greatly appreciate your help.

Hi again odonnea2.

I PM'ed you my email address.
I need all the files zipped as they are.
In Protool v1.x there was a .pdb file + many extra files in a subirectory with the same name as the main file.