RSView accessing Emulator in another Computer

Hey guys.
I´m kinda new in PLC world. I say that cause I know some concepts but don´t know how to use them with the tools i need(RSLinx, RSView,...) and this is the first time I ask a question here.

I downloaded my RSLogix 5000 program into RSLogix Emulate 5000 to test some stuff.
My coleague developed an RSView application (in his computer) and wants to access the tags in the emulator controler(my computer).

Problem is we don´t know how to do that.
As i have no expierence with RSLinx and RSView I´m not sure what to do. Do I have to set up an OPC server in my RSLinx so he access the data?

If not...what should we do?

There is no way to access the tags using emulate 5000 or 500. What we have done in the past is actually use Softlogix as our emulator, because you will be able to add a ethernet card in the Softlogix chassis to access the tags and program.

Use RSLinx Gateway on the Emulator computer and it will be able to advertise/appear as a PLC. Make sure the virtual backplane driver is running which you will need to run the emulate software.

Good Luck - it does work. We used it to test many PLCs successfully.

As with Sheldn, have done this many times myself. For another computer to access the tags just associate the OPC/DDE topic which is actually easier in 5000 from RSLinx.