Can the program of a Moeller PS4-111-DR1 be edited?

bdhaan

After searching all over the internet I still have a couple of questions regarding the Moeller PS4-111-DR1.

This PLC is build into an automated mixer that is used in the laboratory of the company that I work for. It is used to have the mixer mix cement pastes in standardised ways. A much used recipe for example is: mix water and cement at low speed for 30 seconds, add sand during the next 30 seconds, mix for 60 seconds at high speed, stop for 30 seconds and mix again at high speed for 60 seconds.

The mixer is still working fine after many years of use. Unfortunately the standard on how to test cements has been changed a little bit. In the new standard the time during which the mixer has to stop is extended from 30 seconds to 60 seconds. When we asked the supplier of the mixer to update the program to make it comply with the standard again we were told that this is not possible.

Since I have some experience with PLC’s (Siemens S5 and S7) I found this hard to believe and decided to investigate the possibilities for changing the program myself. So far I found out that I need the programming software Sucosoft S30-S3 and the connection cable ZB4-501-UM1 to do this. I have the possibility to buy both second-hand for little money now, but before I do so I want to be sure that what I want is possible.

In your forum I read that for some Moeller PLC’s it is not possible to download the program from the PLC and edit it without owning an original copy of the program. Can somebody tell me if this is correct and if I have this problem with our PS4-111-DR as well?

I am also offered a programming device PRG3 v1.7 to edit the software of the PLC. Does the device have the same problem (original program needed for editting)?

The last question that I would like to have an answer to is if connection cable ZB4-501-UM1 is the right one. Sometimes the cable for our PLC is called ZB3-501-UM1. Are both cables the same?

I thank you in advance for your answers.

Sebastian.

FF helpen?

Hallo Sebastiaan,

Leg het me ff uit in het nederlands dan kan ik kijken of ik helpen kan als het nog nodig is. Ik heb er zelf ook een,+ software en kabel.

Groeten Wil Oskam

I have never done a PS4 but seen, programmed and junked many PS3's!

If it the same as a PS3 then the handheld does not need the offline program version. (But thats a PS3 and the PS3 may be different, although i doubt it).

If you look here in the downloads section there is a PS4 manual i posted that you may not have that may help.

description of problem in Dutch

At the request of Wil Oskam I herewith post my question in Dutch.

Beste Wil,
Bedankt voor je reactie. Mijn probleem is als volgt:
In het onderzoekslaboratorium (voor cement) van het bedrijf waarvoor ik werk hebben wij een menger staan om species te maken. Deze menger wordt bestuurd door een Moeller PS4-111-DR1 en maakt automatisch mengsels van cement, zand en water. Dit alles gebeurd aan de hand van vastgestelde normen, waarin beschreven wordt hoe lang er gemengd moet worden, wanneer het zand aan het mengsel dient te worden toegevoegd, of langzaam of snel moet worden gemengd enz. De menger is al ongeveer 10 jaar oud, maar doet zijn werk nog steeds perfect.

Enige tijd geleden is de norm voor cement echter een klein beetje aangepast, waardoor een voorgeschreven rusttijd tijdens het mengen verlengd is van 30 naar 60 seconden. Wij hebben het bedrijf dat de menger indertijd geleverd heeft verzocht deze tijd aan te passen, maar volgens hen is dit (ondanks het nodige aandringen) niet mogelijk. Klaarblijkelijk verkoopt men liever nieuwe mengers dan dat men een reeds bestaande klant helpt. Volgens mij moet het voor een servicemonteur met laptop namelijk een kleine moeite zijn de betreffende tijd een beetje aan te passen.

Wat ik nu wil weten is of het mogelijk is zelf de rusttijd aan te passen (ik heb wat ervaring met Siemens S% en S7 PLC's). Tot nu toe heb ik op het internet uitgevonden dat ik hiervoor de programmeersoftware SucoSoft S30-S3 en de kabel ZB4-501-UM1 nodig heb. Beide worden regelmatig gebruikt aangeboden voor niet te veel geld.

Op dit forum heb ik echter gelezen dat het bij Moeller PLC's niet mogelijk is een programma uit een PLC te downloaden, wanneer je niet beschikt over het originele programma. Weet jij of dit klopt?

Verder werd mij onlangs het programmeerapparaat PRG3 v1.7 aangeboden om de software van de PLC aan te passen. Wat ik wil weten is of het hierboven beschreven probleem (originele programma nodig voor editten) ook bij dit ding geldt.

Tot slot wil ik graag weten of de kabel ZB3-501-UM1 hetzelfde is als de ZB4-501-UM1.

Alvast bedankt voor je reactie,
Bas de Haan.

@ 504bloke:

Thanks for your reaction. I already downloaded and read your manual before, but unfortunately I couldn't find the answers to my questions in it.

I have just read some of this manual and yes the software (S30)and PRG3 you state is for this particular PS4-111

I think the newer PS4 series require the S40 software and presumably the PRG4 programmer (although i can find no reference to one of them on the moeller web site!)

The S30 will need the offline program to be able to go online and modify code as you state.

I would say that you will need to use the PRG3 as you can then put the plc into stop with the handheld and modify code with the handheld. The Prg 3 will also print out the code thats in the plc. You need a basic dot matrix, i used to use an old epson FX80. I have done this many times, (years ago) on older PS3's.

I work with PS4 by using Sucosoft-S40 and I never success in upload program back to edit. I used to ask Moeller technical support and they confirm to have original program code for PS4. For handheld programming tools, it may be possible but I never use it, if somebody has success with handheld will be very challenge for us.

Vraag over PS4-111-DR1

Hallo Wil,

Ik heb een vraagje over de PS4-111-DR1.

Ik heb een dergelijke plc en deze werkt prima, ik heb ook de handprogrammer.

Er is echter één probleempje, bij spanningsuitval moet ik telkens de programmer aansluiten om de plc weer te starten.
Al diverse forums nagezocht maar kan hier niets over vinden.

Verder de diverse documentatie doorgelezen en heb wel wat gevonden over de special markers maar krijg dit niet werkend.

Wat moet ik programmeren om het systeem automatisch op te laten starten (dus auto run)?

Ik hoop dat u me kunt helpen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rik Schutte

QUOTE=woskam;188072]Hallo Sebastiaan,

Leg het me ff uit in het nederlands dan kan ik kijken of ik helpen kan als het nog nodig is. Ik heb er zelf ook een,+ software en kabel.

Groeten Wil Oskam[/QUOTE]