Question for Ethernet on ML1000 (Ken Roach?)

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

Just thought id ask a quick question before i spend a morning playing to find i cant do it!

Basiically can i connect to an ML 1000 for programming purposes via the following

My PC on Broadband > Remote control via www.LOGMEIN.com > Remote PC on Broadband with Logix 500 & RSLinx installed (this PC is on wireless ethernet) > Wireless accesspoint hardwired to NET-ENI > NET ENI wired to ML1000

I have done it on DH+ on SLC's but never ML's on ethernet ?

I think i can but before i waste a load of time i thought id ask!

That should work just fine if you have the access point and NET-ENI setup correctly. I would recommend starting with just the NET-ENI to the ML1000 to the desktop first. Then keep incrementing through instead of trying to test it all at once.

Yes, such a system should work fine.

I have set up and used such systems with PLC-5E, SLC-5/05, ControlLogix 1756-ENBT and 1761-NET-ENI's and the handful of wireless routers I have access to: Netgear MR314, Linksys WET11G, and Linksys WRT54G.

Good advice above; set the system up first with the local PC, AP, and Net-ENI and the remote login system should have no effect.

One question; is Internet broadband connection connected directly to the laptop, or is it connected to the wireless Access Point ? Whenever there is security and firewalling on Ethernet, you have to hedge your answers a little bit.

(Sorry I didn't answer a thread with my name on it; I've been on a round-the-clock project since 9/30)