Micrologix 1000 and Zoid

bioplc

I am working on a Zoid display which is connected to ML1000 (8 pin DIN) using SMICABMICRO.

I am wondering how can i connect my laptop and Zoid to the PLC at the same time. I have tried AIC..didnt work. Can any one please suggest or any ideas????

Thanks in Advance.

You can not connect the PC PLC & MMI display over Df1 at the same time

you can connect the PC PLC & MMI display over Dh485 using two Net Aic

"When you connect a MicroLogix 1000 controller to a network, it automatically finds which protocol is active (DF1 or DH-485), and establishes communication accordingly. Therefore, no special configuration is required to connect to either network. However, to shorten the connection time, you can specify which protocol the controller should attempt to establish communication with first. This is done using the Primary Protocol bit, S:0/10. The default setting for this bit is DF1 (0). If the primary protocol bit is set to DF1, the MicroLogix 1000 controller will attempt to connect using the configured DF1 protocol; either full-duplex or half-duplex slave."

this is what i found in the ML1000 manual.. like you said i should be able to connect PC, PLC and MMI in DH485..but i did not see any communication.

Changing the DF1 to DH485 you can use channel configuration. If you want see both HMI & PLC online at the sametime you should use Dh485 with two net AIc