SIEMENS Uninstall... I need some help please.

J.A.du Toit

Hi Guys,

Do any of you know how to completely remove/uninstall Siemens software, I would like to start from scratch (Had some problems with the previous installation).

Or is there maybe a clean-up application from Siemens?

Thanks for your help, so long...

Regards
Augusto

Oh, maybe I must mention it's the following applications:
1) Simatic Manager Step 7
2) Simatic Net
3) WinCC

Better to reinstall your PC completely, starting from Windows. Siemens software affects Windows too strongly. Simple reinstallation of Siemens software haven't many chances for success.

Hi,

I think it isn't necessary to reinstall the
complete 'Windows' installtion.
Look at this link form 'Siemens' support:
link

regards
Rolf

Is It S7 Micro-Win?

I had a bad install of a past version of Micro-Win (s7-200 series) that wouldn't let me remove or reinstall. If this is your problem there is a fix.

I got the following response from support.
I am sending a couple of files they may get you around this , you didn't say what OS , XP, win200 but there is a DCOM setup that will cause it to fail see attached for instructions, also to get out of your situation will need to go into Regedit and delete a folder that contains a piece of the microwin that got installed. See instructions. Do the DCOM check first , also after you complete the regedit routine make sure there is not a listing of this version in the install/uninstall under control panel . After doing all this reboot and try to reinstall.
Another remote possibility is the CD drive , I had to copy the CD to my hard drive and then it installed ok.
Please call if you need additional assistance

I've attached the files referred to.

Edit: Noticed you weren't using Micro-Win, sorry. I'll leave this for anyone that had this problem though.

Last edited:
Nice one DD!

It's a pity this wasn't posted a month ago when my install of Microwin V4.0.3 went pear shaped, the installation didn't like my laptop going into 'stand by' because my battery was low. Out of desperation I reinstalled the lot!

Paul