PLC Unitary

amackenzie

Hi, I am looking to find out some information about a Unitary PLC, the only thing is that the name unitary to me means singular which would most likely be a micro. Is there anyone who has come across a unitary before? if so your help will be much appreciated.

Unitary is a term only used in classes, predominantly in the HNC program it seems. The real world would generally refer to these as micro-PLCs. The AutomationDirect.com DL-05, The Siemens S7-200, and the Allen Bradley Micrologix 1000 are good examples.

well played, Tom ... well played ...

and to amackenzie: no matter what happens next, welcome to the forum ...

secret insider information: many (too many) people before you have posted the same question ... usually the forum members are a LOT more "caustic" in their answers than my distinguished colleague Tom has been ...

we've all pretty much decided that the course material you're using is very out-of-date - and despite numerous suggestions to the instructors who use it, it still remains in place ... I suggest that you study hard and get whatever knowledge you can from the course ... but keep in mind that the real world outside is a far different place from the school you're currently attending ... basically, when you've completed your PLC studies, your education will just be beginning ...

if you want to further research the "unitary" idea, do a search on this forum for that word ... I think you'll find enough verbiage there to satisfy your instructor's idea of an acceptable answer ...

and as I said, welcome to the forum ...

amackenzie

As Ron stated, this 'question' has been asked on numerous occasions in the past and as Tom stated, this usually comes from HNC students, so, with that in mind this site might be of some help to you

The site I linked to above has also been posted in this forum on numerous occasions in the past.

Paul

Last edited: