Saginaw Enclosures

Greg Dake

Greetings everyone,

Typically we purchase Hoffman or something other than Saginaw. We noticed Saginaw is significantly less expensive than other manufacturers. Does anyone have any experience with Saginaw for enclosures? We're looking at a stainless floor standing enclosure.

TIA,

Greg

We've standardized on Saginaw for our NEMA 4X SS enclosures. Their quality is good, prices good, and usually service and delivery is better than the competition. We generally buy direct from the company instead of through a distributor, which I think is the way pricing is held down.

The only complaint over the last several years have been a couple of panels where the acrylic window warped and popped out. They took care of it quickly, and it hasn't happened since.

We use them almost exclusively. Quality is good for the NEMA 12's we use. They also turn around custom made or cut enclosures pretty quickly. You can order it with all the holes pre-cut. It really pays off when doing multiples.

Like Tom says, use the office in Kenosha to buy them.

They make about any size (I needed a 12"h x 24"w x 6"d, In Stock? You must be kidding!!!). Just started using them and based on cost and delivery, I will not be looking for another source anytime soon. Thanks to all that gave them a recommendation from this site over the last year as they are definitely customer driven.

We found a local fab shop who has been beating Saginaw's prices so we've started using them more: Klassen Custom Fab in Oldcastle Ontario. Quality has been pretty good from what I've seen.

We found a local fab shop...

We did just the opposite. Saginaw beat a locally based fab shop (which ships nationally - I won't mention the brand) that we had been using on both price and delivery, including shipping. We just took delivery on a custom 4 door Saginaw enclosure. The delivery was on time, the price was right, and I'm quite pleased with it. I'll second the recomendations to use them.

Amazing

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. We placed our first order with Saginaw. They are 1/2 the price of the major enclosure manufacturers. Our ordering department told me that Saginaw's ordering process was first rate.

Thanks again,

Greg

Old thread...
..but a year and a half ago I posted in this thread that we had recently used a Saginaw enclosure. Since that time I have used many many more Saginaw boxes, from small to really large multi-door boxes. I haven't used one of the other brands (except for j-boxes from the electrical house just down the street) since. As it stands right now Saginaw is the brand I prefer. I just took delivery on two large 3 door enclosures - they had them to me just four days after I ordered them.

Last edited:
I prefer Hoffman but have used Saginaw in the past. They were spec'd quite a bit by the automotive industry.

I happened to be in Saginaw for some work one time and they gave mme a tour of their manufacturing facility. Pretty cool.