Harry

fuzzywuzzy

I am doing a project where I have to add a sensor to a program on an omron mp1a processor. I have never used the software or written an omron project before. how does the adressing work in an omron processor? Will I get any documentation when I upload the program from the processor? I have played with the software cx-one some and it seems rather complicated HELP PLEASE!I am familiar with allen-bradley processors. THANKS!!!!!

Try read IO Table, if works there are slot-address in f.e. [0002].
Bit address is as 0002.00...-.15. Actually I don't know mp1a model, but works with f.e. CJ1M.

I have played with the software cx-one some and it seems rather complicated

It is the best PLC software I have used for a long time. Programmable function keys, etc etc. Bit daunting at first I guess but that is the same with any PLC software. The auto online feature searches for a connected PLC and gets you online straight away without having to bother with communications settings. Just select your serial port and press the button.

There will not be any documentation when you upload from the processor. The CPM1A does not have that capability. Even processors with the documentation storage facility are often empty. Depends on the programmer as to whether he/she wishes to download symbols etc or not.

Here is a link to the operation manual
http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/EB315C85A8C3636886256C91006CB479/$FILE/M11W317E181202.pdf?OpenElement

And the programming manual
http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/24A14F54422A782B86256A4100519176/$FILE/M11W353E1041003.pdf?OpenElement

The memory area map is in the programming manual.

You will also require a CPM1-CIF01 communications adaptor and a serial cable. Suggest you buy both from Omron.

What is the full model number of the CPM1A. This will tell us the available input addresses. Input connections are on the "top" of the unit, outputs are on the "bottom". Terminal designations are marked on the unit.

BobB's links should help. The software is not too difficult to use if you are familiar with RSLogix. BobB's suggestion to contact your Omron distributor is also a good idea. They can get you the proper cables and should be able to answer questions.

Hope this will help.

gtsuport said:
What is the full model number of the CPM1A. This will tell us the available input addresses. Input connections are on the "top" of the unit, outputs are on the "bottom". Terminal designations are marked on the unit.

BobB's links should help. The software is not too difficult to use if you are familiar with RSLogix. BobB's suggestion to contact your Omron distributor is also a good idea. They can get you the proper cables and should be able to answer questions.

Hope this will help.
Hello; Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The full processor number is cmp1a-40cdr-a-v1
Thanks Harry

BobB said:
It is the best PLC software I have used for a long time. Programmable function keys, etc etc. Bit daunting at first I guess but that is the same with any PLC software. The auto online feature searches for a connected PLC and gets you online straight away without having to bother with communications settings. Just select your serial port and press the button.

There will not be any documentation when you upload from the processor. The CPM1A does not have that capability. Even processors with the documentation storage facility are often empty. Depends on the programmer as to whether he/she wishes to download symbols etc or not.

Here is a link to the operation manual
http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/EB315C85A8C3636886256C91006CB479/$FILE/M11W317E181202.pdf?OpenElement

And the programming manual
http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/24A14F54422A782B86256A4100519176/$FILE/M11W353E1041003.pdf?OpenElement

The memory area map is in the programming manual.

You will also require a CPM1-CIF01 communications adaptor and a serial cable. Suggest you buy both from Omron.
Thaks BobB I'm sorry I took so song to reply. I haven't investigated your links yet but I'm sure it will help me
Thanks Harry