As-i Slave Replacement

emtim

Hi, can anyone tell me procedure for replacing a faulty slave module on a AS-I system? I believe they address themselves (if system see's new unit has address zero) so is it just a case of removing the faulty one and connecting the new one?

'I believe they address themselves ' - only if this function is enabled.

If its enabled then all you have to do is connect a new device and power down and up the Asi master, it will auto address.

If you have a number of items (like staring from scratch) you would connect each device one at a time and power cycle, starting from the lowest address first.

If it is not set for auto address then you have to have the Asi addressing tool, costs about £250 if I remember correct from companies like endress and hauser etc.

I haven't set one up for some time, so cannot remember how to enable/disable auto addressing, I think its a setting in the master, maybe even a dil switch, depending on what make you have.

Also if the auto addressing is not set then sometimes on the HMI (if you have one) in the setup screen for ASI (If its been programmed!) you can set the modules address node numbers there.

If you only have one address & the new AS-I module is set to 0 then it will auto address, but be warned if more than 1 address is missing it will get the wrong one, another suggestion is set up an as-i master with only the address you need this will set the new as-i module then configure all the addresses in the as-i master (a bit fiddly).

Or better still get yourself an address programmer you may need it one day