GE Series One

ajherzing

A
I'am currently converting a GE Series One plc to a A-B Micrologix 1500. The GE unit has a drum switch instruction "D600". As far as I know the RSlogix software does not have this type of instruction. I
was going to use a sequence instruction to accomplish the same results. Please let me know if there is some other A-B instruction or
other type of logic to accomplish this. Thank you.

P.S. The machine is using a incremental encoder to switch the drum position.

Out of curiousity WHY are you converting it? Is the Series One not working? Need to make additions to the system the Series One cant make?

The GE Series One isnt made any more but there are parts that can be obtained for it thru automationdirect.com. The GE Series One was made by Koyo but brand labeled by GE.

As the old saying goes "If it aint broke dont fix it". I have several GE Series One still working very well.

can I read and print my program generated by series one IC610CPU101C by any other device ( my program is on a tape )and my PLC is dameged .
thanks

In my expierance, most Series One failures have to do with the rack (aka base). I'm not sure about the CPU101, but you can purchase most anything you need from AutomationDirect.com I'd suggest you email them or give them a call.

There is a portable programmer unit for the Series One and Series Three that could be used to read from the tape and produce a printed copy of the program, but they are not easy to find. The part number is IC610PRG110. You would also need the Series One Program Pack for it, IC610PRG116, and a printer cable IC610CBl120. Good luck finding any of them. It is not anything Automation Direct has.

Before spending any money on new hardware for this unit, you should contact Automation Direct to see if any of their current CPU models are compatible with the tape. The DirectSoft software from AD is not compatible with your CPU model.

As Mike indicated, the Series One component with the highest incidence of failure is the rack/power supply. You might be able to install your CPU into a new rack and find you still have a program.