VersaMax/DeviceNet

jonny311

Hey all...we are looking to communicate with an ABB drive through our VersaMax PLC using DeviceNet. My experience with DeviceNet is limited - I worked on one project using a AB SLC5/03 and some remote I/O drops. It was simple - we just mapped the I/O for the remote drops and then used in the main program like any other module. This current project seems like it will be a little different/more complex.

I tried to find some information at the GE support site but all I found was how to configure the network communication module (NCM - IC200BEM103). Once configured, how do you send out messages to the drive to set speed/request speed? Anyone had any experience here?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

DeviceNet drives have a variety of different I/O assemblies to chose from. ODVA specifies a collection of generic assemblies that all brands are supposed to support. Most brands also have a collection of vendor specific assemblies.

You have to decide which assemblies to use depending on your needs and desires and then configure the drive accordingly.

Can't help you with the GE stuff.