Have any body Tried to Convert a TI Program?

fahadzaman

Respected All,
Have anybody tried to convert a TI programm to S7? I checked with siemens support. According to them, the tool supplied with Simatic Step V5.3 supports TI programs made in V7.1 or Later(Unfortunately, i have version 4.0).
I am trying to convert the program. The variables which are not converting are "C" and "V". Can body brief me about that?

I will be grateful if anybody can send me TISoft V7.1.

Fahad

Hello fahadzaman;

'C' variables in TiSoft are internal coils; they can be replaced by M-bits or DB boolean variables (DB1.DBX0.0)in the S7 family.
'V' variables in TiSoft are internal registers, a continuous area of memory where you would place 16-bit values for all your program: calculations, communications... They can be replaced by INT or Word variables MW0 or DB10.DBW2.

Look at http://www.sea.siemens.com/automat/product/plc/505/au505man.html for hardware and software manuals of the Ti505 family. You should find alkl the instructions dans configurations you are using in a version 4 program in the reference and TiSoft manuals.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

respected dchartier!
Thanks for the reply. The thing is that if you use the tool inside simatic step 7. it will not convert automatically the "C" and the "V" variables. and also you cannot choose inside the tool manually that this "C" variable should be mapped to this "V" variable. Can you please guide me in this regard.

Fahad

I experimented with this utility a couple of times but never used it for a real project.

I think I remember that by default the conversion utility creates a couple of data blocks explicitly for storing all the equivalents to the V-references. Also by default it uses Mx.x addresses in the S7 for all C-references. Some of the TI CPUs had tens of thousands of internal flags available, so I don't know what happens when the utility runs out of Mx.x addresses for these. Another data block, maybe?

Can you be more specific when you say "it will not convert automatically the "C" and the "V" variables". This is the one thing I remember it doing well! Also the concept of "this "C" variable should be mapped to this "V" variable" seems utterly wrong. You shouldn't be trying to do this. This is like trying to map timers to inputs: they are two completely different types of memory.

You have absolutely no choice in how these addresses are mapped. V's in TI are 16-bit registers, C's are single-bit. Presumably they just get mapped in ascending order V1=DBx.DBW0, V2=DBx.DBW2 etc. Also beware: all TI numbering starts are 1, not 0. There is no V0, C0 etc

Regards

Ken

1) Sorry for the typing mistake. Reference to "this "C" variable should be mapped to this "V". instead of writing "M", i wrote "V".

2) Regarding "it will not convert automatically the "C" and the "V" variables". If you convert a TI project to S7, it will generate a .LIS file after conversion. This file can be opened in notepad. when i converted my project, the error messages were " 505 operand (C900) not mapped to S7 operand ".

3) The other thing whoch i want to know is following:

a) I made a simple program containing only two rungs, it converted the "C" variable. But in my .LIS file, it is giving error even for C1 and C2 etc. I dont know why?

4) I am attaching project.

please contact me in case of comments

From the instruction set reference:
TITIMER.png

Hello fahadzaman;

The best explanation you will have for TI timers will come from the link I gave you earlier, in the SIMATIC 545/555/575 Programming
Reference User Manual. They have a description of timers in the RLL instruction set chapter, and examples of Timer-ON and Timer-Off implementations in Appendix E.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier