AB SLC5/05 Data Files

plcengineer

Can I add a data file in the Program Mode of the processor or do I have to go offline and edit/download? I know that I had to download to the processor when I expanded a data file. Let me know..

tks

Depends on the plc but from memory if its an slc you need to expand or add the data table offline and then download.

I havent got one at home to try thats why i said from memory!

Yeah you need to switch your plc to program mode, save the program and say yes to upload data tables. now go offline make your mods. then download your program and when you switch back to run mode the program will be exactly where it was before but with your new data tables.

Logix & PLC family only support online data table & program file creation SLC won't online data table & program file creation In Logix platform create online data table & program file during run mode itself. But in plc platform create online data table & program file during program mode only.