ABB robot

ramaslabas

Hi everybody, who can help or not.

Help I really need.

We should reprogram ABB robot IRB6000 controlled by system S3, program language is ARLA.

We did not find the way to connect to laptop, and software to do this. All the information what I gathered in internet is very pure, mostly of sources says that it should be special equipment.

If somebody is deal with ABB robots please send some links how to start.

All advices are very, very welcome.

Ramunas

P.S. May be I'm crazy if I want to get in such system?

RL

icon30.gif

Hi,

Arla is the old ABB language prior to Rapid, As far as Laptop's go, I dont think you can connect/offline program like you can with S4 or IRC5.

Its years since i did anything with S3, But the system we had could be programmed via Teach Pendant or an Optional screen(You could see more than one line at a time!) Backup wise was via floppy disc.

Regards
STL

I confirm STL???'s comments. Additionally, the (3.5") floppy backups are only readable by the robot system, they are not PC readable. If no program listing is available you would do well to generate one by connecting a printer or PC running an ASCII terminal program - there's a command in the menu system to do this. At least this way you can see where you're starting from more easily.

Thanks everybody

Your advices helped out a lot,

First of all we stopped this robbot at all, and nothing to do.
Calibration errors occured, it was ok, thatwe has backup copy as you adviced. It started work , customer was hapy that we did not destroy it completelly. Back up program helped a lot.

We made dosen of flopies of backup of propgram.

Anyway we should learn this kind of machines.

Thanks everybody for helping. Any further information is welcome.

Ramunas