1747-PIC Replacement from plccables.com

Peacemaker

Hi acyually I am considering to buy 1747-PIC replacement from plccables.com instead of original Allen-Bradley 1747-PIC to save money. Has anybody experienced this after-market product? Your feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you have the AB PCMCIA 1784-PCMK card then you can just buy the cable and skip the pic altogether. Beats carrying that huge paperweight around.

Marc

Marc said:
If you have the AB PCMCIA 1784-PCMK card then you can just buy the cable and skip the pic altogether. Beats carrying that huge paperweight around.

Marc

You can buy the computer with a real serial port for less.

1784PCMK.jpg

True,

I was just saying that if he already had the card..... you never know, heck I have 2 of them! And one guy was selling one in a post this morning with a cable (I assume DH+ cable) for 480 bucks.

Just an FYI, some people don't know there is a DH485 cable for the PCMK card.
Marc

If you are not using that second one I will gladly take it. Just PM me.
P.S. I'll pay for shipping

Ha Ha,

It would be nice, but we have a couple of guys who use the backup unit from time to time so I think someone would miss it.

One of them is actually mine being the happy recipient of a laptop with the card installed, and a pink slip when the doors were locked. No one to return it to, bummer :)

Marc

replacement from PLCcables works without any problem and in some cases where original PIC does not work.

How I know? I desined it for them 3 years ago...

But I would recomend 1747-UIC as a long term solution.