Does 1761-CBL-PM02 work with any USB/Serial Converter?

Peacemaker

Hi guys,
I am going to buy new laptop, which has no real serial port as you know. I am wondering if I can use 1761-CBL-PM02 with a usb/serial converter like Keyspan USA-19HS.

Thanks.

Though they are getting harder to find, you can still get laptops with serial ports. I just got a new dell Latitiude and we made sure it had a serial port and believe it or not floppy drive!

Just FYI

Marc

Peacemaker said:
Hi guys,
I am going to buy new laptop, which has no real serial port as you know. I am wondering if I can use 1761-CBL-PM02 with a usb/serial converter like Keyspan USA-19HS.

Thanks.

YES!

I've had no problems with any USB/serial converter. The micros arent that picky....It's the SLCs where you run into troubles...the UIC (bascially a usb pic box) is a picky device and takes some time configure and learn how to use..
my .02

While not many laptops have native serial ports anymore, i have never had a problem using a pcmcia serial card. Seeing how almost all laptops have either pcmcia or the new expresscard slots available, i would look at using either of these 2 options