Omron special I/O and expansion rack query

sturtles

Hi guys,

I have a main cpu rack with 1 MAD01, 1 SYSMAC Bus and a PLClink module special I/O units in order. The CPU is CS1G

How do I set the unit knob on each of these devices? Do I set them in 0, 1, 2 or 0,0,0 as they are all different special I/O devices

I have another expansion rack number 1 with 1 MAD01. Do I set this MAD01 to unit 3 or unit 0?

The start address for my main rack mad01 is CIO2000, so does the mad01 on the expansion rack be CIO2010 regardless of the unit settings?

Thanks all for reading.

Thank you very much

Thanks guys!

My unit is (LHS)C200H-MAD01,Sysmac Bus unit,PCLINK unit, CS1G CPU(RHS) on the main rack, and 1 c200h-MAD01 with 2 I/O cards on the extension rack

For ease of setup, I set the main rack MAD01 to unit:0 (CIO 2000), and the extension rack MAD01 to unit:1 (CIO 2010). I hope this is correct

I'm a little confused by the other 2 special I/Os on the main rack, namely the Sysmac Bus(RS232/422) and the PClink unit. Do I need to set their units to 1 and 2 respectively?

Just to clarify, on extension racks, does the special I/O units numbering continue from the main rack, or do they start from 0 everytime?

Thanks PP!

Am I right to say most special i/o cards are only dependent on order of the same type, ie mad01 for the units adjustment, regardless of extension racks and special i/os of other types?