Device Net niu issues

14all

Hello... I have a Versamax syst with a devicenet niu card that includes some eds software for IC200DBI001 module. What does the software do, how can I load it and why can't I use the module without it?
Thanks for any information possible

Electronic Data Sheet (EDS) files are simply specially formatted text files that include all the information that a configuration software program will need to configure a DeviceNet node.

In your case, the VersaMax Network Interface Unit (NIU) acts as a DeviceNet slave. The EDS file will contain information about it's I/O connection sizes and any adjustable parameters in the device.

Your master device generally determines what sort of configuration software you'll use. If you're using Allen-Bradley masters, you use RSNetworx for DeviceNet. If you're using Think & Do, you use their configuration application. If you're using SST, you use the SST-DN3-CNF configuration console.

What's your master device ?