Data exchange between S7-300 PLC's

userxyz

I have 3 machines that can work stand-alone, @ the end of each segment (each machine) MPI network,there is a repeater connected locally.

Upstairs we have an MP270B panel, it's segment is connected to 3 repeaters locally, after each repeater there is a connection to the repeaters in the machines. The MP270B is ment to control data, with change connection functionallity we can connect from there to a machine, A B or C.

Is u have autocad, then u can see how the network is. Harder to explain then is is.

So, my question is, how can I send an Integer from 0ne machine to the other one when both are connected ?

So, I'll ask it more simple:

I have 2 PLC's on an MPI network, on has adres 2 and the other one 4, how can I send from one plc to the other one ?

Hello Combo;

Maybe this can give you a first answer:

mpi_comms.jpg

Or you could use Global Data exchanges (configured in Netpro) if the amount of data is small and is always the same. It is very easy to setup and runs in the background.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited: