Inox connection box for ET200S

Werner

Does anybody know a good connection box (Inox) to put an ET200S system in. I found some at Rittal. The problem is that the depth of the box must <= 100mm. (because of space limitation inside the machine) I can find boxes with an depth of 80 or a depth of 120mm. The depth of the ET 200S is 75mm (normal terminal strip with standard I/O, so no motor starters....) The inside depth of the box is 77. So I have a 2 mm clearance.

I don't have a good feeling about this... (I found some documentation from Siemens thats tells you how much distance must be kept sideways, but it does not state a minimum clearance in height)

Any references are welcome.

Thanks!

Werner,

You should not have a problem if you use the 80mm deep boxes, Siemens state a side clearance so that there is enough air flow through the device to aid cooling. Cooling will not be affected by limited height clearance.

Paul

Hello,

I use the BG range of Rittal for my ET200S islands. It is specialy desinged for fieldbus componentes. It has a depth of 80mm (so not much clearance) and I have never experienced any problems concerning cooling etc.

The BG range of Rittal is coated steel, you can order them in Stainless Steel, but they cost a lot, lot more!

Thanks, but how do you connect the profibus cable to the ET200S island? With the siemens connectors (6ES7 972-0BA12-0XA0) on top the height of the island is more than the 77mm inside depth?

Edit: forget the text above, I noticed that this connector is 4mm smaller then the others. It will fit know. Thanks Garcia/PLucas for the information!

Last edited: