Twido Modbus Addressing

Charles1

I am trying to monitor a Telemechanique Twido PLC with Intellution. Does anyone know how the physical digital and analog points are addressed over Modbus?

Thanks,
Charles

I believe the only accesible addresses in the Twido are memory words %MW (4xxxx) and memory bits %M (0xxxx)

You have to set the serial port to Modbus, then set the slave ID, baud rate, etc., which I am sure that you have already done. If you are using the built-in serial port (1), then you wire the Modbus signal to pins 1 & 2, and you have to jumper pins 5 & 7 as well. %MW are 4x registers with an offset of 1 (%MW0 = 40001), and %M are 0x registers with the same offset. I have been told in order to request the value of a variable, that variable or one higher must be referenced in the program. I usually accomplish this by having an operate block that might read %MW500:=100, just so that the variables up to 40501 will be valid (of course, the value of 100 for 40501 does not mean anything other than the communication is working, if you can see it on the other end). Hope this helps.