rs logix 500

dado

I bought rs logix 500 program and need help how to write the ladder on this program. I can read ladder logic but just don't know how to write or input the instruction. I tried writing a rung but keep giving me an error when I verify. I am new to this but very interested to join this plc world.

To start click file - new and create a new project (youll have to pick a processor.

Open up program file LAD2

Right click (insert rung)

Drag an input instruction (XIC) from the user tab and drop it in the rung. Give it an address (eg b3:0/0)

Drag and output instruction to the rung and drop in to the right of the input instruction. Call it b3:0/1

verify.

Your first rung

Marc

What you can do is use http://www.pdf995.com/ This is a program that lets you print to a pdf file. Take a look under File for Report Options, this will allow you to print a report of just the ladder file.

Then you can upload that pdf file here so we can see what you are doing. Also tell us what errors you are getting when verifying.

This book is developed around AB PLCs but note there are some instructions that will work with one model that will not on another. Under Help, in RSL500, is an instruction list.
http://www.patchn.com/plcbook.htm
You can also find some AB examples here: http://www.patchn.com/plc.htm

Greetings dado...

you said:
I tried writing a rung but keep giving me an error when I verify.

if you'll tell us what the error message says, then we can help you nail down exactly what you did that was wrong ... secret handshake: the more you tell us, the more we can help ...

here's my "best guess" on what you did wrong ...

syntax.JPG

I am new to this but very interested to join this plc world.

we'd love to have you join us ... welcome to the forum ...

selecting processor for rslogix 500

hi,

r u using only the software or with plc(hardware) also.
i have done training on rs logic 500, there we used to select the processor BUL. MICROLOGIX 1000.

if u have hardware interface then u can upload the pgm to ur plc and check for the working of ladder otherwise just u can create ladder logic, but u can know the errors if u have done in addressing the I/O's and other instructions

I bet on Ron's answer: One or more addresses are not entered correctly.

My next best guess would be that the address you are trying to use is not a valid one for the processor you selected in "Select Processor Type", or for the I/O modules that you selected in "I/O Configuration".

Which of the islands are you on? I bet the weather is nice now!

I still bet on your answer! Old dates...? Is a year too old? I don't get around to changing my winter underwear in less than a year!

I suppose that I am obsolete and irrelevant, but I cannot understand the current thinking that something written last year is no longer relevant.

In the old days we used to write letters. You might write a letter to a girl firend, and not get a reply for 6 months. Then 6 months later you replied to her letter, but by then the girl was not only married but also had a baby!

Last edited:
as for the weather in Hawaii ... I spent about 18 months stationed at Hickam Air Force Base right next to Pearl Harbor when I was in the Air Force (1968-69) ... the month of December was the “rainy season” if I remember correctly ...

we’d be working on the flight line in bright beautiful sunshine - and we could see the clouds of the daily deluge coming across the mountains ... ten minutes later we’d be wading around under the airplanes in water that would be more than knee deep - and (no lie!) fish from the harbor would be jumping around in the water under the planes ...

secret handshake: when you see super low rates for “off-season” vacation packages, check the weather ... sometimes they call it “off-season” for a very good reason ...

everyone should go there - at least once ...

Wow, this thread went from how to get started with RsLogix 500 to Lancie's underwear to the weather in Hawaii to fish jumping under airplanes to how to find that perfect vaction destination in 14 minutes flat.

Hi Dado.

I suggest you follow Mickey's idea. I am also trying to learn AB so I downloaded the free RSLOGIXPRO 15 day trial from the Learning Pit. After just 1 week of playing with it, i have ordered the CD. (Not arrived yet).
I don't know how close it is to the actual RSLOGIX-500 because i have never used it, but its definately good enough to get you going.

Best of luck.

Steve.

working with rs logix500

hi dado, r u now comfortable with rslogix500

the instructions addressing if not done proper u will be getting an error msg

if ur comfortable, and want to try pgms and see few examples,
just in the form search for threads posted by anusri, i have started a new thread, asking anyone can ask a ? or even myself may ask some ? so we will create ladder and chk out.
it will be good to have examples under one thread, i feel

thanks

any examples, practical examples related to industries(like bottle manufacture, juice prepration and bottling, packing of materials,.) if any we will try

thanks

dado said:
I bought rs logix 500 program and need help how to write the ladder on this program. I can read ladder logic but just don't know how to write or input the instruction. I tried writing a rung but keep giving me an error when I verify. I am new to this but very interested to join this plc world.