Interfacing Moeller XI/ON Remote IO Modules with Siemens S7CPU315-2DP

hfu

Hi

I'm new to the forum and relatively inexperienced in field of PLC systems. i hope someone can help.

I have been newly assigned to a project in China. The electrical engineer that i'm replacing has resigned and his design philisophy is as follows:

Moeller XI/ON Remote I/O Modules are to interface with a Siemens S7 315-2DP PLC. The interface protocol is via PROFIBUS-DP. The remote I/O modules & PLC have been purchased.

My questions are as follows

(1)Will there be complications as the plc is Siemens while the Remote I/O modules are from Moeller.

(2)What are other accessories are needed in order to make the system work.

Regards

H

hfu,

Here is a cool free software tool called IO_Assistant that will let you configure the TURCK version of those products and may also work with the Moeller version too since they are relitively the same product. You should have no problems using this with the Siemens PLC on ProfibusDP. Simply download the .gsd file from the Moeller website and use that in your ComProfibus set up.

http://www.turck-usa.com/Support/Networks/Software.htm

Joe_WaZoo

I've used Beckhoff I/O with Siemens Step7. A word of warning though, the analogue modules may not return the same values as a Siemens analogue module (Beckhoff doesn't) in which case you would be unwise to use the Siemens scaling blocks (FC105 and FC106).