Communication comparison

rPraveenkum

com.JPG

I think that the list is a bit dated, and the specification for each bus standard is much too simple.
And yes, ethernet is not mentioned despite that at the moment it is moving into the market like a tidal wave.
Ethernet/IP, Profinet, FF Ethernet, Modbus TCP, Powernet and maybe more.

Rob Hulsebos did make a much more comprehensive list, but I dont think it has been updated with the latest developments.
So it would be rally nice to kow if there is a more uptodate list somewhere.

... and I'd like to see how you get 1km out of Profibus DP at 12MB with only 4 repeaters, and don't plan for sending 246 bytes on DP either, and ...

Regards

Ken

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone, I have a issue with communication between two different PLCs. So here is the facts, The Master PLC is Guard Logix 5069 with IP...
Replies
Views
i have two plc 1. s7-1212dc/dc/dc ip; 192.168.0.1 2. s7-1500 1513-1pn ip; 192.168.3.2 i need to get data from plc1 to plc2. any idea how to do...
Replies
Views
I have created a project in TIA Portal v16 Upd6 with S7-1200 (6ES7214-1AG40-0XB0) and WinCC Unified (PC station). The communication between the...
Replies
Views
Hello We have installed several G.E. Fanuc 90 70 PLC Everything was ok but suddenly we can not communicate anymore with any PLC with the software...
Replies
Views
Apologies for not being the best IDEC programmer. I recently was doing some inspections on a site that had 3 FC6A IDEC processors. The issue is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom