Square D SFW374 PLC Software

jgv

I am having a problem exiting the Square D SFW374 PLC Software. When I press F5 EXIT, I get the message "ERROR--SECURITY LEVEL PROHIBITED". The security level is "MONITOR" and the MODE:/INIT.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

That software can only be exited from the PROGRAM or OVERRIDE modes. This is left over from the old days when technicains were allowed "programming terminals" but not computers.

The as-shipped default passwords are the same as the desired mode.
for example, MONITOR = MONITOR and PROGRAM = PROGRAM.

Jim Dungar said:
That software can only be exited from the PROGRAM or OVERRIDE modes. This is left over from the old days when technicains were allowed "programming terminals" but not computers.

The as-shipped default passwords are the same as the desired mode.
for example, MONITOR = MONITOR and PROGRAM = PROGRAM.

I am having the problem even in the PROGRAM mode.

Have you tried the Override mode? What operating system are you using, SFW374 was written for DOS v5?

And finally who cares the software doesn't. If you have the SFW open in a DOS window just close the window even if you have the error.