Conunication with PanelView Plus 1500

misamark

Hi to everybody;
I am new in this; can somebody help me to upload program from PanelView Plus 1500; and I actually need:

1. Which software can be used? RS View or RS Logix 5000 or any other?

2. I have serial cable and can comunicate with PLC 5555; but cannot establish connection vith panelView. I have RSLinx ver 2.42.00, is it ok to comunicate with PanelView Plus 1500 on serial port?

3. Also, PanelView Plus 1500 have Ethernet; can I tray to upload program using ethernet? What software I need?

MisaMark; [email protected]

if u r having rs232port u can communicate through it.
open rsview s/w . goto RSLinx Enterprise communication
goto Communication Setup
local target two tabs will be there
IN LOCAL TAB
by right clicking u can add driver(add dh485 rs232 driver)
by right clicking on driver u can add device(device list will be there u have t select panelview plus 1500 latest version )give some node id
now the device wil be visible .
now goto trasfer utility
upload download compare option wil be there
click upload select pvplus 1500this will upload the program.

I would not recommend this. There are many issues with communicating from the PanelView Plus to a ControlLogix using serial. If you are going to do this I would recommend mapping your tags as PLC5/SLC addresses and communicate to the ControlLogix as if it was a PLC5 or SLC.

Native tags over serial with the PanelView Plus does not work very well.

Darren

Boys thanks to everybody!!

I get very easy connecting on Ethernet port; just ping his adress from windows; using RsView like you told me!!

Regards for everybody and thanks!!!

Misha