omron rs232c communication

ravi1821

dear sirs,

Currently i am working on a project which requires the plc ( omron cqm1 series ) to communicate with a stabillizer which using rs232 communication method. I have tried using tx instruction to send the voltage selection but seems there is no reponse from the stabilizer unit. We had tried using the stabilizer standard software which run on lap top computer and communicate trough the serial port to the stabilizer. Trough this method we were able to send instruction to the stabilizer and stabilizer were sending respond command to the laptop. I am not sure weather the instruction used were correct or not. Please advise me. Thanks in advance

ravi chandran

Ravi,
Welcome to the forum!

You will need to change the setup on the plc port. Default is Hostlink (Omron comm), you will need RS232 / No protocol mode.

What software are you using? What is the complete part number for the cpu?

Another possible issue is the cable pinout. Note that the Omron 9 pin port is not a "standard" IBM pinout. Check BobB's link for Omron manual information.

Let us know if you have questions.

Hope this will help.