PLC Characteristics

Dave1971

Hi People,

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for information on the characteristics in terms of:

Scanning
Performing Logic Operations
Continuous Updating
Mass I/O Copying.

Regards

Dave

Hi,

But i must be totally blind because i can`t see any think on the question i posted or the link that you directed me to is the terms and characteristics of plc`s.

504bloke said:
Open up the link i posted

Click "How a ladder is scanned"

Which will open up this page

Another place is the learning pit.

Or just Google PLC Learning.

Another thing to do i something like Google "How is a ladder scanned"

Dave1971 said:
Hi,

But i must be totally blind because i can`t see any think on the question i posted or the link that you directed me to is the terms and characteristics of plc`s.

Perhaps if you explained exactly what you are after ?

As i am not sure i understand.

504bloke said:
Perhaps if you explained exactly what you are after ?

As i am not sure i understand.

Okay here goes. Describe the operational characteristics of a PLC in terms of:

Scanning
Performing Logic Operations
Continuous Updating
Mass I/O Copying.

Perhaps you will find answers in THIS free e-book, make sure you read the entire book before you come back and say it doesnt answer any or all of your questions!

By the way is this a homework question ?

Edit: The above book is orientated around Allen Bradley PLC's.

Last edited:
504bloke said:
make sure you read the entire book before you
Edit: The above book is orientated around Allen Bradley PLC's.

I have just been through the index and not a sausage on the info i require, its a college question is that a problem.

Dave1971 said:
I have just been through the index and not a sausage on the info i require, its a college question is that a problem.

Not a problem except I doubt you'll get an answer here, you will however get help and guidance which you have been given.

I can find some of what you want in the posts i made and also in Mickeys post/s, however its not being handed on a plate and you may have to dig a little!

If you cant see some of this then you are not looking hard enough or for long enough.

Dave1971 said:
Mass I/O Copying.

Baffled me for a while, but after reading the question a few times i think i know what they are getting at, I think this could have been worded better though.