koyo questions

ho5tile

My facility just got a few plc's from automation direct and I have been playing around with them. I "cut my teeth" on allen-bradly so I am a bit confused here. My main question is this. With AB I can move presets into timers, limits ect. at will, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to "load" a timer in direct soft32. Can someone bail me out here? By the way I am using a 105 and a couple of 205's. Thanks for any help.

To use a preset value for a timer or counter, enter a variable(V_ _ _ _)memory address into the timer box instead of a constant (K_ _ _ _). Keep in mind that Up/Down counters will need two consecutive VMEM locations, as they have a 99999999 limit.

:nodi:

Thanks PLCRookie but forgive me another (probably dumb) Question. What do I use to manipulate this v memory location and how do I use it. Again sorry for the newbie questions, and thanks.

ho5tile said:
Thanks PLCRookie but forgive me another (probably dumb) Question. What do I use to manipulate this v memory location and how do I use it. Again sorry for the newbie questions, and thanks.
Switch to Edit Mode.
Click F7
"Box" Tab
Function name - MOV

You don't need to use a MOV command with Koyo like you do to get a value in the timer preset on Allen Bradley PLCs.

You can manipulate the V-register directly from your laptop with Status monitoring on, (Alt-PLC, change Value) or from a Data View, or you can write to that register directly from an HMI, or you can make that register the address of the result of math operations (OUT box).

O.K. you guys suggested a mov or a math fuction but when I try either one I only see one line to fill in. What is this line, is it the number I am trying to load or is it the VMEM/timer its going to? I think I can use a VMEM for the timer preset correct? How do I designate what value goes into which VMEM

What I want to do is this.....

Input 1 = timer set at we will say 500
Input 2 = timer set at any other number, say 1000

I know this should be very easy but I'm missing something.

Try here....V-memory and here for the 205

I also came from the AB world...read and understand VMem then it will all be good ;) and you can harmonize with life

:site: O.K. I fell red faced now but I do get it at least! Tom thanks for the example you have been most helpfull (and patient).:geek: Thanks to all. I think I am going to like this brand of plc after I get a little more time on them.