Sequencer ??

Samz

I am new to sequencer instructions, but interested in using one to program a box erector machine. It goes through the same motions repeatedly, and from what I have gathered from the sequencer instruction it would be good for this. My question is can you use two output words with the same SQO instruction without using internal bits to turn the individual outputs on?

This sounds like an AB question, if it is not then disregard this and post what platform you are using.

I do not completely understand your question. I take it you need more than 16 bits of control? or 32 in CLX?

If that is the question then yes you can use the same control file for more than one SQO instruction. They will step together as the control file is manipulated with ladder logic. You will have more than one SQO, more than one output word, and more than one data file, but only one control File.

I would probably roll my own sequencer rather than use the control file and SQO instructions. It is easier to follow and troubleshoot later.

RSL

Here is how I program a sequencer
(have posted this before in a previous discussion on sequencers)
Use an integer value to control the sequence, this allows easy diagnostics (pass the value up to SCADA), the ability to jump around the sequence, and I think code that is reasonably easy to read. Sorry not in AB format but not hard to convert.

Note: Not shown but after those rungs is a rung to move the Seq_ReqState to the Seq_State. This could be a simple move instruction, or I normally get a bit fancy and control when to move the value in, this allows me to add more diagnostics, eg single stepping, time stamping, step monitoring, etc.

Hope this gives you some ideas

SeqExample1.jpg